The idea of the Congress
Poznań and the Wielkopolska region have always been at the centre of Polish thought on the economy and self-government, recognising the principle of thrift as an essential element in the existence of society or administrative structures.
Referring to this heritage, we chose Poznań as the perfect place to create an event that would be a regional space for debate on society, economy and entrepreneurship. This is how the idea of organising the Poznań Economic Congress was born, with the aim of having an honest discussion about what awaits Wielkopolska, Poland and the world in the years to come. What economic, financial, economic and social challenges will we face?
How can the standards of thrift, understanding of business responsibility and self-governance developed in our region become part of the compass needed to navigate a diverse world?
The first edition in 2022 showed that such a Congress was needed. The Poznań Economic Congress 2022 attracted more than 900 participants, 24 partners and 121 panellists. We hope to repeat this success on an even larger scale.
The Poznań Economic Congress was created to harness the potential of Wielkopolska for the development of the whole of Poland. It is a place for discussion, presentation of achievements and exchange of views, knowledge and experience.
The Congress is also an opportunity to reflect on what awaits us in a world conditioned by the effects of broken supply chains, uncertainty resulting from Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, the consequences of the COVID-19 pandemic or climate change. The Wielkopolska region has the task of speaking out about how to face the new reality.
Our regional identity, which has been cultivated for generations, is a response to the need to take responsibility not only for the development of the economy, but also for oneself, the family and the state.
What topics does the Congress address?
The Poznań Economic Congress is a multithematic event filled with cross-cutting debates. The most important themes to be addressed:
- Poland the leader of Europe? Prospects, opportunities, challenges and obstacles to building a position on the global geopolitical stage
- National and international logistics – how to compete in the global cargo market
- Deconcentration of public administration – how to shape Polish public life to ensure the country’s even development
- AR, AI, 3D VR and R&D – how to use the latest technologies for the development of the Polish economy
- Sustainable development and green technologies – how to prudently lead the climate (r)evolution
- The Polish conquest of space – successes and prospects for the domestic space industry
- Brand Poznań – how to promote our city in Poland and worldwide